A List of Beautiful Things:
1. Brimstone Rhine Debut Concert / C. S. E. Cooney headlining at “Youth Will Be Served” announced in The Westerly Sun.
…Wherein my NICE COLLABORATOR says NICE THINGS about our collaboration and other nice things are mentioned!
2. Brief mention of same in the New London Day.
…Wherein am mentioned in same breath as frikkin EDWARD LEAR (“The Yongy Bongy Bo” is the FIRST POEM I REMEMBER from being read to as a kid) and SHEL FRIKKIN SILVERSTEIN (who DIDN’T read “Where the Sidewalk Ends”?) and OGDEN NASH!!! (When I wrote a poem about a Starbucks Boy in the springtime of my twenties, my father announced, “It’s like a cross between Shakespeare and Ogden Nash,” and I FORTHWITH went and looked up Ogden Nash, as I’d never read his stuff before, and LO I FELL UNDER HIS INFLUENCE!!!)
4. Pictures from (aforementioned) Brimstone Rhine’s DEBUT CONCERT!
…Wherein I wear a scandalous stripy corset gifted to me by JULIA RIOS VOICE OF THE RAINBOW and use egg whites for hair mousse. And sing my own songs. For a live audience. A LIVE AUDIENCE. With REAL MUSICIANS playing with me. And maybe there was a standing ovation. But it’s okay if you don’t believe me.
5. Mark Sullivan Interview about Brimstone Rhine on Soundings WBLQ.
…Wherein I giggle a lot. And correct the spelling of my last name.
6. Poet Elizabeth R. McClellan (who inspired the ALECTO! ALECTO! album) makes a Naughty NSFW YouTube Lecture on Shakespeare’s great “I [Tupped] Your Mom” joke in Titus Andronicus as INCENTIVE.
…Wherein the poet begs us NOT to bake people into pies. Not even Gauls.
7. Outer Alliance Podcast INTERVIEW [about 53:33 into the whole episode] about Brimstone Rhine.
…Wherein I chatter A LOT and even SING a little at the end!
THIRTY FIVE HOURS LEFT!
$19 MORE DOLLARS UNTIL WE ARE HALFWAY TO MUSIC VIDEO STRETCH GOAL!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
TWEET! TWERK! FESTOON ZE FACEBOOK!
HAVE A LINK!!!
And here are some pictures from my Chicago trip and the recent concert in Mystic, CT–just for fun:
Oh, gosh. And here’s an article about the panel that’s pretty SWELL!